My blog shares music, movies, fashion, food, history, animals and people that I think are exciting. Heavy emphasis on all things girly. I love fashion from the 18th and 19th centuries. I grew up young and impressionable in the 80's and did alot of musical theater.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Crafty Stuff

Occasionally I do stuff other than find interesting music, movies, books, jokes & other fun or pretty stuff to share. Occasionally I, oh, I dunno, make my own stuff! The recession has made things suck for us big time but the good part is at least it does force one to finish old projects laying around. I don't buy new materials for new projects anymore. I just use what I got. Kinda makes me feel connected to my grandma. Except I don't have drawers filled with rubber bands, canning jar lids and Leggs' plastic Eggs. I'm kinda sad about the no Leggs' Eggs because those were AWESOME! Especially this time of year! Weren't they fun to pull apart and play with as a kid? LOL
Anyway, one of the things I'm doing is refreshing old whites with Rit Dye. I bleach old white tees, towels, etc...but in spite of that they look not so white. City water and all. Bear with me, I took no before pics so just imagine dingy white for before. First I had a king sized matelasse white cotton bedspread. I wanted a spring looking color so I mixed three boxes of purple in the washing machine & here's what I got:
I love how the raise pattern on the one side is a lighter shade of lilac so when you turn down the bedspread it contrasts!

1 comment:

  1. $!%!$ Blogger. I can't get these pictures to go in the right order. I'll edit this when I'm not ready to throw my laptop down & jump up & down on it. LOL

    ReplyDelete