My blog shares music, movies, fashion, food, history, animals and people that I think are exciting. Heavy emphasis on all things girly. I love fashion from the 18th and 19th centuries. I grew up young and impressionable in the 80's and did alot of musical theater.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

I
I've just acquired a cameo brooch similiar to the one above. I wore it today on an iron chain with my leather jacket. I kept my outfit rather non-girly because the cameo is so ornate. Maybe I will pair it with a dress sometime. I had to go somewhere new today and I felt a little shy about being girly. Isn't that weird how it's easier to pretend you aren't so girly? I think some of the bravest people ever are girls who wear ruffles and bows and frilly stuff to places like the supermarket or the dentist. I think it's sad that we're told in spoken & unspoken ways that it's "too much" and it's safer and better to just give up and wear what everyone else wears and blend in. I want to wear on the outside how I feel on the inside. I also think that it's an unspoken code that after the age of 30 unless you live in the city you're supposed to give up on fashion and look drab. All those Moms. I don't think people intentionally do it, they just get busy with their families and work. I live in the midwest where if you want a (sort of) stable job you have to wear scrubs. Wouldn't you want to wear something that is you in your off hours? Maybe some people don't care. I wish that I didn't care so much. But I love putting the finishing accesory on and feeling "just right" even if it's not what other people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment