My blog shares music, movies, fashion, food, history, animals and people that I think are exciting. Heavy emphasis on all things girly. I love fashion from the 18th and 19th centuries. I grew up young and impressionable in the 80's and did alot of musical theater.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Funny Moments from Lost In Austen Part 2

I just watched Lost In Austen, a short mini series where a modern girl is thrown into Elizabeth Bennet's role in Pride & Prejudice & her actions threaten to alter the story irreperably. It has plot holes aplenty...some of the faux pas Miss Price makes would have gotten her shunned & booted out with no hope for repair. But if you can forgive that it had some really charming moments too. The clip above is some of the funnier moments of it. They referenced the famous Colin Firth Darcy pond scene! And Mrs. Bennet actually told off Lady Catherine DuBergh! I CHEERED, even though I know that never would have happened. I felt sorry for Charlotte Lucas fleeing to Africa, although maybe she faired better doing that than being married to Mr. Collins. *Shudder* This P&P version has by far the CREEPIEST Mr. Collins EVER! Mr. Collins is usually pompous, silly & a tedious faux-virtuous bore but he never came off as a sexual predator like this Mr. Collins did.
Mr. Darcy was well played as was the willfully ignorant Mr. Bennet. And OMG about Caroline Bingley! I won't spoil the big reveal about her, but it is scandalous! I also liked the twists the story had regarding Mr. Wickham & Georgiana Darcy. It kind of reminded me of stories like Wicked or Into The Woods where the characters are not always what they appear.
So if you love P&P but aren't scandalized by great liberties & anachronisms for the sake of fun, this might be a fun treat. If you do check it out, be sure to go on Youtube & look up Amanda Price sings! It's a deleted clip where she is forced to sing @ the piano forte so she regales them with Petula Clark's "Downtown". LOL I went shopping yesterday & it was playing in the store. Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment