My blog shares music, movies, fashion, food, history, animals and people that I think are exciting. Heavy emphasis on all things girly. I love fashion from the 18th and 19th centuries. I grew up young and impressionable in the 80's and did alot of musical theater.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Food From Faraway



I love food that in my mind at least is exotic and interesting. I grew up eating meat and veg with the occasional taco or italian night thrown in. Anything else was pretty unusual. I made a curried orange chicken with sesame ginger stirfry. The ppl in my house aren't into it like I am, but I'm pleased with it. I don't like recipes that are long because after I cook all day who wants long? Or full of expensive ingrediants. So this fit the bill:
Curried Orange chicken
2 boneless skinless breasts
1 cup orange marmelade
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp curry
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp garlic

Heat stove to 350 degrees. Combine everything but chickens in a bowl and mix. Put chickens in lightly greased pyrex and dump bowl on top of it. Bake for 45 minutes, spooning mixture over top.

I served this with a vegtable stirfry I made using fresh broccoli, mushrooms...the baby corns & water chestnuts were canned. I fried everything but the broc in a skillet with a tbsp of oil and added a tbsp of sesame ginger vinegrette salad dressing and a tsp of crushed red pepper flakes for kick. I cooked the broc in the micro until it was neon green and then added it at the very end. I hate overcooked brown broccoli. I also had green jasmine tea. I love food with a little heat in it when it is so cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment